Seeyond becomes an affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers
Seeyond was until now the quantitative investment division of Natixis Asset Management, itself an affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers. Seeyond1 aims to double its assets under management by 2021 and expands its global reach.
Active by nature, quantitative by construction
Today’s investors increasingly assess the performance delivered by their investments against the risks incurred, so Seeyond seeks to offer clients the best possible returns on the risks they take on board. To this end, it takes a stringent approach to its investment processes while ensuring their repeatability by applying proprietary quantitative models, enhanced by an active human-based oversight. Seeyond’s team of 20 specialists, each with an average of almost 16 years’ experience on the financial markets, provides institutional clients, distribution intermediaries and individuals, with an extensive range of equity, multi-asset, and volatility & overlay investment management strategies. Seeyond has more than €7 billion under management2 and displayed solid asset growth of around €1.5 billion2 in 2017.
Emmanuel Bourdeix, Chief Executive Officer of Seeyond notes: “Seeyond offers a targeted strategy, combining a robust scientific approach with the substantial experience of its fund management teams, thereby meeting strong investor demand for an alternative to traditional fundamental investment management strategies and passive tracker funds.”
Matthieu Duncan, Chief Executive Officer of Natixis Asset Management and Chairman of Board of Directors of Seeyond states: “The spin-off of our quantitative investment division Seeyond is an integral part of Natixis Asset Management’s strategic plan. This simplified organizational structure enables us to offer a more streamlined range of active fundamental bond, equity and multi-asset investment management solutions to meet investors’ changing needs.”
Jean Raby, Chief Executive Officer of Natixis Investment Managers concludes: “Seeyond has exhibited strong growth over the past five years, and with the continued demand for alternative investment strategies and new sources of alpha generation, we expect that to accelerate.”
Under the multi-affiliate strategy of Natixis Investment Managers, Seeyond retains its autonomy, investment philosophy and culture. It also benefits from the support and stability of a global leader in active asset management that has a track record of successful ownership and development of investment management companies around the world.
Biography of Emmanuel Bourdeix, Chief Executive Officer of Seeyond since January 2018
- Member of the Executive Committee, in charge of Seeyond – Natixis Asset Management (September 2010)
- Head of Equity, asset allocation and structured products - Natixis Asset Management (2010)
- Head of Europe, emerging markets and global equity management – Amundi (2009)
- Deputy head of Equity and balanced management department - Amundi (2007)
- Head of Satellite equity department – Amundi (2006)
- Head of Convertible and volatility department – Amundi (2002)
- Arbitrage analyst and structurer - Dresdner Kleinwort Benson (1995)
Emmanuel Bourdeix holds an Engineering Degree from École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées and a DEA (post-graduate diploma) in probabilities and finance from Université Pierre et Marie Curie.
- Spin-off of Natixis Asset Management’s Seeyond investment management division. Seeyond became an investment management company in its own right as of January 1st 2018.
- Source: Natixis Asset Management – Figures as at end-September 2017.
Sonia Dilouya – Natixis
Tél.: +33 1 58 32 01 03
Stéphanie Mallet - Natixis Asset Management
Tél.: +33 1 78 40 81 85
Samia Hadj – Natixis Investment Managers
Tél.: +44 (0)203 405 4206
Seeyond is Natixis Investment Managers’ active quantitative investment management specialist. It combines an active human-based investment approach with stringent quantitative investment processes to provide strategies that offer optimum returns on risk across its three areas of investment expertise: equities, multi-asset and volatility & overlay. Investment management experts also rely on the company’s proprietary quantitative research. Seeyond houses 20 renowned investment management specialists, each with 16 years’ experience on the financial markets. It has almost €7 billion in assets under management1. Seeyond’s products are distributed via Natixis Investment Managers’ global distribution platform, one of the largest investment managers worldwide2, and by the Groupe BPCE retail networks, second-largest banking group in France3.
Further information: www.seeyond-am.com
- Source: Natixis Asset Management - 09/30/2017
- Cerulli Quantitative Update: Global Markets 2017 ranked Natixis Investment Managers (previously Natixis Global Asset Management) as the 15th largest asset manager in the world based on assets under management as at December 31, 2016.
- Source: BPCE S.A. – 08/31/2017
About Natixis Asset Management
Natixis Asset Management, an affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers, ranks among the leading European asset managers1 with more than €326 billion in assets under management for institutional clients, distribution agents and individual investors2.
Natixis Asset Management offers its clients a full range of fundamental active fixed income, equity and multi-asset class investment solutions to address their various needs. Natixis Asset Management has a strong international presence with investment management and research teams across Europe, Asia3 and the United States4.
- Source: IPE Top 400 Asset Managers 2017 ranked Natixis Asset Management as the 51st largest asset manager, as at 31/12/2016.
- Source: Natixis Asset Management – 30/09/2017.
- Asia via Natixis Asset Management Asia Limited – Registered as a fund management company with the Monetary Authority of Singapore – Natixis Asset Management subsidiary.
- US via Natixis Asset Management U.S., LLC, limited liability company, registered as an investment adviser with the SEC.
About Natixis Investment Managers
Natixis Investment Managers serves financial professionals with more insightful ways to construct portfolios. Powered by the expertise of more than 20 specialized investment managers globally, we apply Active ThinkingSM to deliver proactive solutions that help clients pursue better outcomes in all markets. Natixis ranks among the world’s largest asset management firms1 (€813.1 billion / $961.1 billion AUM2). Natixis Investment Managers includes all of the investment management and distribution entities affiliated with Natixis Distribution, L.P. and Natixis Investment Managers S.A.
- Cerulli Quantitative Update: Global Markets 2017 ranked Natixis Investment Managers (formerly Natixis Global Asset Management) as the 15th largest asset manager in the world based on assets under management as of December 31, 2016.
- Net asset value as at September 30, 2017. Assets under management (“AUM”), as reported, may include notional assets, assets serviced, gross assets and other types of non-regulatory AUM.
Natixis is the international corporate and investment banking, asset management, insurance and financial services arm of Groupe BPCE, the 2nd-largest banking group in France with 31.2 million clients spread over two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne.
With more than 17,000 employees, Natixis has a number of areas of expertise organized into four main business lines: Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate & Investment Banking, Insurance and Specialized Financial Services.
A global player, Natixis has its own client base of companies, financial institutions and institutional investors as well as the client base of individuals, professionals and small and medium-size businesses of Groupe BPCE’s banking networks.
Listed on the Paris stock exchange, it has a solid financial base with a CET1 capital under Basel 31 of €12.9 billion, a Basel 3 CET1 Ratio1 of 11.5% and quality long-term ratings (Standard & Poor’s: A/Moody’s: A2/Fitch Ratings: A).
- Based on CRR-CRD4 rules as reported on June 26, 2013, including the Danish compromise - without phase-in except for DTAs on tax-loss carryforwards following ECB regulation 2016/445.
Figures as at September 30, 2017